Join the team
Here in Winchester we have a small team of local volunteers who work together to encourage more organisations to open their doors and run events. The local team of volunteers curate the website, social media, and the printed programme alongside fundraising and identifying/supporting new and existing events. If you already know you want to join the team – click here. If you would like to find out more please continue reading.
What is a HODs Volunteer? HODs volunteers help in a variety of ways from fundraising for the programmes and events, to planning and promoting activities.. It’s about helping to create a fun, interesting and memorable festival and encouraging everyone to tell their friends about us.
What’s in it for you? If you also love Winchester’s history, architecture and culture then you will probably love working with us! In joining our team you will;
• Become part of a friendly and dedicated group of volunteers, and hopefully make new friends too.
• Develop new and existing skills, and probably also discover something new about Winchester and the surrounding area.
• Gain great personal satisfaction, since you have the opportunity to make a real difference to the festival.
We are looking for volunteers who can offer at least 2 to 3 hours of their time per week to take on one of the following roles;
- Fundraising – take the lead on grant applications and sponsorship to enable us to put on new events as well as continue to run the website and print the programmes.
- Communications – develop excellent working relationships with local media, write copy for local media, help proof read the printed programmes and help promote HODs through social media.
- Festival Stewards – help us run events during the festival, and advise and guide members of the public to and from events